I have never been crazy into skincare. I have always taken my makeup off before bed and for years I have been using clean and clear dual action moisturizer after I take my makeup off and after I shower. I first started using it because I noticed when I would get out of the shower my face would be very dry. I would use Noxzema classic clean cleansing cream while in the shower on my face and those two products were pretty much it. I still love Noxzema classic cleansing cream but I would suggest something more gentle for your daily routine.
Flash forward to me really wanting to dive into skincare. I have never had a ton of skin issues, just occasional pimples, and redness. I rarely wear makeup so I was ready to do something that would make my skin glow and just look all-around good and healthy. Here are the skincare products I use and in what order.
Products I use:
- Cerave hydrating facial cleanser or cetaphil daily facial cleanser: I started off with the cerave hydrating facial cleanser and recently started using the cetaphil. Both products are great normal cleansers to use on your skin. You don’t need to use anything crazy, just a basic cleanser to start out with.
- ACURE Radically Rejuvenating Facial Scrub: I use this product a couple times a week. It is not good to use everyday and it is suggested to use it 3x a week at most. It definitely gives me that boost of making my skin feel alive and rejuvenated.
- Bliss Rose Gold Rescue Soothing Toner Mist: I started off using a different toner and it seemed to burn my skin so I wanted to try something gentle. I use this after I cleanse my face to make it feel alive and calm. I don’t necessarily always use this product every single time but for the most part.
- The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed oil: I absolutely love this product. I do not always use this daily but you absolutely can and it even directs you to do so on the directions. It makes your skin feel calm and gives you that amazing glow. It is so calming and I love using it before bed.
- Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist: You can use this as your first layer of moisture or just to give your skin a little hydration at any time. I absolutely love this because it gives my skin the hydration it needs and gives me a glow. You can even use this on top of makeup to give it some glow.
- Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer: This is the product I have been using for years and years. It keeps my skin moisturized while also treating and helping prevent acne.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost water gel lotion SPF 50 or Innisfree UV Defense sunscreen SPF 36: I started off by using the Neutrogena spf then eventually purchased the Innisfree just to try something different. Either one will do the job. I think Innisfree has a better scent to it. SPF is important to use daily even if you are indoors to protect your skin from UV rays.
I always make sure to wash my face at night because it is not good to leave SPF on your skin overnight. Also just because who knows all of the dirt that is on your skin from throughout the day! I love going to bed feeling refreshed and calm from my skincare. I do not always use all of these products daily. Listen to your skin and do what you think is best for you that day! Make sure not to overdo your skincare as well. I hope this was helpful for any beginners or anyone who is interested in skincare. I am not a professional whatsoever and I am just beginning to learn a thing or two myself. Let’s take care of our skin and keep thriving!